ANXIETY is a general feeling of apprehension about possible danger. For some people, everyday problems can be disturbing. Faced with the normal demands of life – socializing with friends, waiting in line for bus, going in lifts – they experience the arousal of serious fear or anxiety. In the most severe cases, people with anxiety problems may be unable even to leave their homes or may spend much of their time in maladaptive behaviour, such as constant hand washing.
Some of the common Anxiety Disorders are –
1. Phobic Disorder (Irrational & Excessive fear of an object or situation)
(a) Specific phobias (i.e. water, fire, height, animal, insects etc.)
(b) Social phobias (i.e. being in closed places like lift, public speaking etc.)
2. Generalized Anxiety Disorder (G.A.D.)- Free floating anxiety
3. Obsessive – Compulsive Disorder (O.C.D.) – recurrent disturbing thoughts with repetitive
behaviour like hand washing, counting, checking etc.
Some of the professional techniques to overcome anxiety disorder are –
1. Cognitive Drill Therapy
2. Regression Therapy
3. Systematic – Desensitization
4. Cognitive – Behavioral Therapy (C.B.T.)
5. Psychological Counseling
“MANAKRITI CLINIC PROVIDES OVERALL SOLUTION FOR ANXIETY”