OBESITY means having excess body fat. OBESITY occurs over time when you eat more calories than you use. . OBESITY is a condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health.
OBESITY is something to be worried about because of its impact on the health of an individual as it can raise the threat of many diseases and health conditions including: –
- Coronary heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Cancers (endometrial, breast, and colon)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Liver and Gallbladder disease
- Sleep apnoea and respiratory problems
- Osteoarthritis (a degeneration of cartilage and its underlying bone within a joint)
- Gynaecological problems (abnormal menses, infertility).